Check Out Nick de la Hoyde’s Newest Single, “Animals”, Here!
Nick de la Hoyde’s newest single is feel-good anthem ‘Animals’. With his debut album expected to drop mid-year, Animals marks a new era in Nick’s musical evolution, comfortable with the pop music mold enough to break it and carve his own way into it. About the journey back to discovering our own inner instincts, Animals is a bright, synth and percussion-laden track. Along with longtime collaborator ZU/ZU, Nick mixes subtly with moments of grandeur, creating a track that elates the listener from first listen
From the artist: “Animals” is a song about love! I wrote the song because I am constantly in awe of the unconditional love that I see in all animals, whether in the wild or the ones we are blessed to share our homes with! No matter what sort of day you have had, or how bad you are feeling, when you get home you are greeted with love and affection that puts a smile back on your face. Human beings can learn a lot from animals, and real, unconditional love is the biggest lesson your can learn from them and one that we should put into practice in our own lives”.
Growing up in a multi-cultural home with a Syrian mother and British father, Sydney based, singer-songwriter Nick de la Hoyde was exposed to many global influences that he now weaves into his music. Melding his love of hip hop, pop and R&B with introspective lyrics that chronicles a young musician’s journey to adulthood, overcoming life and artistic challenges along the path, Nick and his long-time producer/collaborator/older brother Joseph (ZUZU) de la Hoyde, have together crafted a sound that is simultaneously intimate, expansive and engaging. Having penned confessional, real-life anthems, such as California, Mirror Mirror, Hold Me Close, and Love Takes Time, that oscillates between moody, textured R&B, anthemic synth-laden future-pop, and hip hop moments, combined with a lyrical earnestness that speaks directly to today’s younger generation. Nick has quickly made a name for himself, cultivating a large and dedicated online following and becoming a powerful voice for youth empowerment and positivity.
- International Songwriting Contest (ISC) 2018: Mirror Mirror – Winner (Honorary Mention) – Top 40 Pop
- International Songwriting Contest (ISC) 2017: Love Takes Time – Winner (Honorary Mention) – Top40 Pop & Enemy
- 16th Independent Music Awards (IMA) – Nominee for the Pop Song category – Love Takes Time – 2018
- AusPop Award 2017 – Independent Artist of The Year (finalist)
- Internationsl Songwriting Contest (ISC) 2016 (finalist and honorary mention) – Thinking Bout You – 2017
- SiriusXM – High rotation for Hold Me Close – Channel Venus
- BBC Radio 1 (UK), Kiss FM (UK), Gaydio Radio (UK), KMFM (UK)
- SCA (2Day, Hit105, FoxFM etc) KIIS FM, NOVA, SEA, Edge 96.1 andHot Tomato, iHeartRadio
- Billboard BDS Top 40 Indicator(multiple Billboard prints in top 40)
- Mediabase Top 100 Pop
- Spotify Future Hits Top 10 (AU)– Changing
- Spotify Australian Top 100 – Changing
- HIT30 Count down (#6) – SCA Hit Network
- AIR Independent Radio Chart Top 10(#9) – Hold Me Close
- Sounds Like Cafe Top 10 Singles Chart(#1) – Hold Me Close
PERFORMANCES – most recent
- Performed at Rolling Loud Festival Miami (May’ 2018) – Hard Rock Stadium
- Supported USA artist Kid Inkfor his show at the Marquee in Sydney, Dec’2017
- Supported USA artist MAX(Max Schneider) on his Meteor Tour, Australia, Sep’2017 – Venues included the Triffid in Brisbane, The Evelyn in Melbourne as well as the Bald Faced Stag in Sydney and Fowlers Live in Adelaide.
- Instagram (380k followers) – https://www.instagram.com/ndelahoyde/
- Facebook (160k likes) – https://www.facebook.com/nickdelahoyde/
- YouTube (34k subscribers) – https://www.youtube.com/nickdelahoyde